Friday, June 24, 2016

Ireland Day 10

Today was a free day.  The advantage of the Belfast Youth Hostel is its great central location.  Some of the students in the lobby tonight were willing to share what they did today.  We go to Scotland tomorrow!

As today was our free day in Belfast, I tried to make the most out of it by sightseeing throughout the city. After waking up at 7:00, which, I think should be commended, I got ready for the day, and let me say that the showers at this hostile are insufficient for my needs. After that, I ate breakfast with the other woodwinds, and we headed out. We didn't really have a plan for the day, but we had a map which, ironically, we got lost in. While we were wandering, we hit some pretty cool attractions: the world's largest Titanic museum, the city hall, a fish sculpture, and St. Georges Market. At the market, I had a burger and fries(very out there). At 12, we headed back to the hostile for a tour of the city, which basically recapped everything we saw before. After the tour, the gang and I went to the city's shopping mall, Victoria Square. The trip there was pretty brutal with the rain, but I managed to make it out in one piece. I didn't buy anything, but today would've been a good day to use the credit card, with the pound at its lowest in 35 years. As we went back, we stopped at a grocery store where i bought some candy for tomorrow. Now it's about 10, and curfew's at 11. I'm going to watch some Netflix now. Goodnight!  Ryan Mallik


Highlight of the day was definitely going to the carnival in Belfast and going on one really freaky ride that made it very hard to breath for a bit. It's also been interesting being in the UK during the Brexit vote and hearing opinions from people from the area about the referendum. Jake Gordon


We all spent a free day in Belfast today. I spent most of the day walking around the city. In the morning, I walked to St. George's market with a group of other people. There were a lot of fresh fish being sold, as well as other food and interesting products. After the market, we all walked back to the Hostel to meet up with everyone else to go on a tour of Belfast. On the tour, we learned a lot about Belfast's history. After the tour, I walked around the city and passed a clock tower ringing. I had missed recording the sound in the morning and wanted to try recording it, but I kept missing the chance to record it. I ended up missing the chance to record it 3 times. I finally accomplished my goal at 6:00. After dinner, I went walking in the Botanic Garden and saw a lot of beautiful roses. When I passed by a Chinese Restaurant, Lee's Garden, on the way back, I decided to eat there, since I've missed eating Chinese food during the time that I've been on this tour. I ended up eating noodle soup, which made me very satisfied. Today was a fun day in Belfast! Adeline Sun





No comments:

Post a Comment